The Northeastern Pennsylvania Nonprofit & Community Assistance Center (NCAC) is a 501(c)3 nonprofit affiliate of NEPA Alliance. NCAC aims to support, connect, and inspire the region’s nonprofits in providing the resources they need to operate effectively and efficiently.
NCAC’s mission is to strengthen and support northeastern Pennsylvania’s nonprofit organizations and grantmakers in their service to our region. We develop and offer resources, facilitate partnerships and collaborations and assist in the identification and implementation of governance and management best practices to improve the efficiency and effectiveness of organizations and the services and programs they offer.
How We Can Help You
We offer a variety of strategically designed services, workshops and resources that help nonprofits, foundations, and municipalities become more efficient and effective.
- Capacity Building Resources
- Funding Search Tools through Candid:
- The Foundation Directory Online Premium
- Guidestar Pro Plus
- Fundamentals, e-newsletter of regional opportunities
- Connection to best practices and regional opportunities and a network of changemakers
- Facilitator of the NEPA Grantmakers Forum
- 1 Hour Strategic Organizational Consult
- Trainings (Board Governance, Operations, Ethics, Fundraising, Strategic Planning)
- Grant/Fundraising Strategy Session
- Economic Impact Analysis
- Customized Funding Searches
- RACP Application Assistance
As for NCAC membership, aside from being connected to our nonprofit network, you’ll receive the following benefits.
- A recently updated list of the Foundations serving Northeastern PA, 150+
- Guided access to the full suite of Candid programs (the joint merger of Foundation Center’s Professional Directory and Guidestar Premium Editions)- including Foundation Directory Online, the most comprehensive grant-seeking resource available
- Discounts on related workshops and seminars
- Free Job Postings and Rental Space Marketing in Fundamentals e-newsletter
- Access to our centrally located board room in Pittston, including virtual collaboration capabilities
- Resource connection and guidance on nonprofit administration, fundraising, organizational ethics, board operations etc. through privately scheduled consultation sessions
- A 1-hour initial Strategic Consultation on the needs or challenges of your organization
- Access to the PA Foundation Stats which is supported by membership funds
$50/yr or $95/two yrs
Board of Directors
- Maria Montoro Edwards, Maternal & Family Health Services
- Vice Chair
- Megan Kennedy, First Federal Charitable Foundation
- Kenneth Doolittle, Wayne Bank
- Jack McNulty, PA Dept. of Labor & Industry (Retired)
- Jesse Ergott, NeighborWorks Northeastern Pennsylvania
- Joseph Guardiani, St. Lukes
- Ryanne Jennings, Wayne County Community Foundation
- Alana Roberts, PPL Electric Utilities
- Marynell Strunk, Lehigh Valley Health Network, Pocono Foundation (Retired)
Hours of Operation
NCAC’s hours of operations are from 8:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m., Monday through Friday, with after hours or weekend access by appointment only. Appointments are strongly encouraged to ensure full access to resources.