Export Administration Regulations (EAR)
International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR)
2 Day Boot Camp – April 27-28, 2016
- Understanding Commerce/BIS & OFAC
- The Ten General Prohibitions
- How to Use the Country Chart & Reasons for Control
- Exercise-Finding a Product on the CCL
- Preparing a License and a Letter of Explanation (LOE)
- License Exceptions & STA
- Preventing Violations & Recordkeeping
- State/DDTC and the New ITAR Definitions
- Order of Review & Classification
- How to Complete an Electronic License Application
- Defining Technical Data & Public Domain
- ITAR Exemptions
- Licensing Requirements for Foreign National Employees and Visitors
- ITAR Compliance and Recordkeeping
Presented by Suzanne Palmer, Export Compliance Solutions
Suzanne Palmer, President, Export Compliance Solutions (ECS), is a former State/DDTC Licensing Officer who served over 10 years with the State Department before joining the defense industry and a University Affiliated Research Center. Ms. Palmer combined this unique experience to found ECS and has been providing interactive training and interpretation of the ITAR and EAR for the last 12 years. Suzanne has extensive experience conducting voluntary risk assessments and directed audits. With a goal of establishing viable robust compliance programs, Ms. Palmer has had the privilege to serve on the Defense Trade Advisory Group and as a Special Compliance Officer for companies operating under a Consent Agreement.
Sponsored by the U.S. Department of Defense Office of Economic Adjustment and the Pennsylvania Department of Community & Economic Development through the Northeastern Pennsylvania Defense Transition Partnership
Location: NEPA Alliance, 1151 Oak St, Pittston, PA 18640
Register before April 15: $50 per person, after April 15: $75 per person.
Registration includes continental breakfast and lunch.
Registration deadline is April 20, 2016. Download ITAR Agenda.
Only Pennsylvania companies are eligible for this exclusive pricing.