Greetings! The following chronicles the success of NEPA Alliance for the Fiscal Year ending June 30, 2017.
The NEPA Staff has accomplished all of the goals set by our funding partners, and we continue to serve our region with quality business, community and government services.
- NEPA assisted with over $2.2 million in ARC grants.
- NEPA Business Development Programs successfully created or retained 855 jobs in our region.
- NEPA’s Business Finance Center loaned $2,290,076 leveraging another $6,441,740 for business expansion in the region.
- NEPA’s International Business Development Program completed the year at 119% of the goal established by the Commonwealth Office of International Business Development (OIBD) and reported sales of $47,782,236 and created/retained 387 jobs.
- NEPA’s government contracting program (PTAC) supported 194 jobs from $162,800,875 in government contracts awarded in our region.
- The NEPA Alliance Business Finance Corporation (NEPA-BFC), our affiliate Small Business Administration (SBA) Certified Development Corporation, closed two loans in a total SBA combined amount of $1,110,076.
- The NEPA Metropolitan Planning Organization (MPO) serving Carbon, Monroe, Pike and Schuylkill Counties with transportation planning continues to maintain the TIP (Transportation Improvement Program) for 2017-2020 in the amount of $508 million and completed a Coordinated Transit-Human Services Transportation Plan.
- NEPA manages the NEPA PREP Partnership (Partnerships for Regional Economic Performance), which is a collaboration of fourteen (14) economic development agencies within our region to receive state funding of over $1.2 million.
- The Nonprofit & Community Assistance Center (NCAC) provided training or assistance to 743 nonprofit professionals within our region.
- N.E. Defense Transition Partnership initiative produced 32 Market Diversification Plans and provided $464,000 in vouchers for plan implementation. Additionally, the program provided support to over 200 dislocated workers in the region.
NEPA continues to provide quality services to our businesses, communities and governments in Carbon, Lackawanna, Luzerne, Monroe, Pike, Schuylkill and Wayne Counties.
We thank all of our volunteer Board Members and Committee Members for their service and dedication to making Northeastern Pennsylvania a great place to live, work and play.